|WTF: World Thumbwrestling Federation||Lead||Dir. Enrico Natale|
|Spare Change||Supporting||Dir. Arturo Guzman / Jonathan Talbert|
|Buried Alive||Lead||Sony Pictures / FEARnet|
|Monstrum||Lead||Dir. Peter Johnston|
|DisOrientation||Supporting||Dir. Russell Whaley|
|Ditching Party||Supporting||Dir. Demetrius Navarro|
|Man In The Wall||Lead||Dir. Satori Snow|
|Mom||Co-Star||CBS / Lorre|
|Jennifer Falls||Co-Star||TV Land|
|The Big Bang Theory||Co-Star||CBS / Lorre|
|Austin & Ally||Recurring||Disney|
|The Forgotten||Co-Star||ABC / Bruckheimer|
|Buried Alive (Mini-Series)||Series Regular||Sony Pictures / FEARnet|
|ChickleBerry Jam||Series Regular||Dir. Nicole Christoforakis|
|RideShare Confessions||Series Regular||Crooked Astronaut|
|Opal||Recurring||Safran Digital Group|
|Body & Blood||Lead (Dan)||Skylight Theatre|
|I Might Do||Lead (Joel)||Rogue Machine Theater**|
|Marat/Sade*||Lead (Marquis De Sade)||Center for Performing Arts|
|The Normal Heart||Lead (Ned Weeks)||Center for Performing Arts|
|Baltimore Waltz||Lead (Carl)||Centennial Theatre|
|Morning Star||Lead (Aaron Greenspan)||Westhoff Theatre|
|Degas C’est Moi||Lead (Ed Degas)||Allen Theater|
|Sophocles’ Electra||Lead (Orestes)||Allen Theater|
|The Fair Maid of the West||Lead (Mullisheg)||Westhoff Theatre|
|Macbeth||Supporting (Donalbain)||Illinois Shakespeare Festival|
|Henry VIII||Supporting (Gentleman #1)||Illinois Shakespeare Festival|
|Date With a Stranger||Lead (Clark)||Heartland Theatre Company|
|Blue Stars||Lead (Freddy)||Illinois State University|
|The Skriker||Supporting (Bogle)||Illinois State University|
* Irene Ryan Nomination
** Company Member at Rogue Machine Theater
|Groundlings (Advanced) // Ubright Citizens Brigade (Level 4) // Second City (Various Drop Ins)|
|B.A. – Acting – Illinois State University
Acting: Lori Adams, Patrick O’Gara, Kim Pereira, Janet Wilson, Jack McLaughlin-Gray
Voice: Marian Hampton
Movement: Paul Dennhardt
Study/Soap Opera Intensive: Mark Teschner, Karen Rae, Don Phillip Smith
Cold Reading: Nick Anderson, Christal Karge
|Improv, Broad Physical Comedy, Numerous Character Voices, Computer Savvy, Working Audiences, Soccer, Public Speaking, Stick Shift Driving|
Jeff Blum is an actor and producer living in Los Angeles.
- INT. PARENTS BEDROOM – NIGHT
- The lights are dim. We see two individuals rustling beneath sheets. They are obviously making love, or having sex, the difference is unclear.
- Oooh Greg…
- Oooh Judi… Thanks baby, that was great! It was good for you too wasn’t it?
- I’m pregnant.
- JEFF – A sparky young fellow enters through his Mother.
- Hi Mom! Hi Dad! I was thinking I want to be an actor! I was cast as Pinocchio in our 5th grade class production of “Pinocchio Don’t Smoke that Cigarette!” and it feels right!
- That’s ironic, don’t a lot of those artsy and theater type people smoke?
- Jeff prepares for High School as CHRIS – Jeff’s older brother enters.
- Jeff, as your older, smarter, and more talented big brother I suggest you join the speech team at Downers Grove South. You will learn many great skills, like public speaking and there’s plenty of acting stuff too. If you want to act in high school, join the speech team, they go hand and hand!
- Thanks, Chris! I think I will!
- EXT. HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION – 4 YEARS LATER
- Wow! I cannot believe high school went by so fast! I feel like I accomplished a lot though. State Champion in Humorous Duet Acting my Junior year, 6th in the Nation that summer, and State runner up this year in Humorous Interpretation. Hey Chris, did you ever make it to state?
- Oh… Well as your younger, smarter, and more talented little brother, I want to say thanks for telling me to join speech. You kinda have been my role model for all this theater stuff, and I just thought you should know that.
- Oh… Well… thank you? Honestly you’ve really got some amazing talents in you. I guess the next step is college?
- As if Jeff had no idea, he frantically fills out an application to Illinois State University where his talents will gain him admission to the School of Theater.
- College?!? Oh, right! College. I was thinking of going to Illinois State University, They have one of the best theater programs around!
- Well go break legs!
- INT. THE FAMILY ROOM – A FEW WEEKS LATER
- Jeff comes running in with a letter in hand… his parents wait in anticipation.
- This might be it!
- Well open it up! What does it say?
- It says I’ve been pre-approved for a credit card!
- Jeff receives another letter.
- I’ve got a good feeling about this one.
- I got in! Alright. Well I guess I’ll see you all in 4 years.
- AMANDA – Jeff’s younger sassy sister enters with SCOTT – Jeff’s youngest brother.
- Jeff that is great! Hey Mom, can I have his room?
- No, I get his room!
- The two fight and wrestle to the ground.
- INT. CLASSROOM – JEFF’S FIRST CLASS
- So, Jeff… why don’t you start by telling us why you got into acting?
- Well, I suppose I’ll start with the cliché that I’ve always had it in me. Ever since I was little the desire to perform and entertain was there. On a more intimate level I would say I have a passion for creating people and characters and bringing them to life. To entertain those watching me and make them laugh, cry, or just look at something in a different light. Being on stage or in front of the camera gives you a lot of power, and a profound ability to create something. Something …maybe it’s art, maybe it’s entertainment, maybe it’s something else, but whatever it is, it’s what I do. It’s what I’ve always done.
END ACT I